Friday 27 January 2012

Kurt From Glee's Knitwear Choices

Due largely to the influence of a person who looks like this:





I have become addicted to knitwear that befits the elderly. To this end I have purchased and collected a variety of 'bold' knitted jumpers. I'm wearing one right now. This transition has made me very knit 'aware' and I now tend to notice other people who have a colourful choice in knitwear. I feel I have an affinity with them. In the case I describe below though, I truly do not.

For those of you who don't watch the hit T.V. show 'Glee!' it is a programme about a bunch of sexually repressed quazi-adults who are in real life about 28 years old. This makes it sound like the O.C. or One Tree Hill, but the reality is different for three reasons

1) They all sing and sometimes dance

2) They take the piss out of themselves and each other.

3) Jane Lynch makes EVERYTHING  good


In this show there is a character called Kurt. He looks like this:


and in another life I feel that him and I could have been knitwear soulmates. Sadly, he took it too far.


Below is a selection of images that I found in an attempt to document how fucking ridiculous what this boy wears is. The full impacted can only truly be acheived by watching all of the shows with his over arching story lines and bizarre lady-voice, but in the interests of time management, I will summarise as much as can:


Bold zip-across-front sleeveless man-cowl




Bedouin city dweller (add leather braids for additional fierceness)




Women look good on everything




Pale hand print covering imaginary boobs. For those days when you feel like dressing like a slapper from the early 90's.




Turtle necks add drama to any situation




W.T.F.



This is only a passing glimpse at the full horror and majesty of this boy's knitwear collection. Beholding it in it's entirety would be like looking directly at the Sun; terrifying and beautiful, but ultimately you'll go blind.

But it is always imperative to remember that although I may not agree with the fashion choices Kurt makes, it is obviously having a positive impact on his life. The photo below proves it!!!


Huzzar for hideous clothes?????

No comments:

Post a Comment