Thursday 17 May 2012

Tortoise Me

When I was very young, I was very deaf. I had trouble understanding anything that was said to me and often ignored people. This confused me school and distressed my parents greatly. It did not bother me though, I was too deaf to understand what was going on.



It was like living in a world where everybody talks like they do on The Sims.


As it was so long ago, I can only remember a tiny amount about not being able to hear.  The one memory that sticks out concerns a song we had to sing at school assembly. I'm guessing the purpose of the song was to instil the importance and value of friendship and communication in our young minds. The teacher sang it through a couple of times, and then we had to join in. 

The lyrics of the song confused me slightly, but I was not about to start questioning authority. I was already getting in enough trouble because of my inability to follow basic instructions. I inhaled and began blasting out my rendition of a song entitled Talk to Me, at full volume. 










It wasn't my proudest moment. 

After this my parents decided to seek medial advice. 



Now I can hear. 



THE END



No comments:

Post a Comment