Tuesday 21 February 2012

Over Education

Human beings have a natural academic limit, and I have definitely reached the end of mine. Three and a half years of university is more than enough and studying is no longer enjoyable or exciting. You know what sunlight looks like? Because I don't. I've transformed into one of those creatures from the Descent. All blind and pale and covered in mucus. The fact that I am no longer having fun is not the main issue I take with realising I've bitten off more than I can chew. There is a far more dangerous consequence to my decisions.  

It is my belief that all people have a natural capacity for knowledge retention after which no more information can fit into their brain. What happens when new information is presented to the affected person? Something else, something important, gets pushed out.







At first it starts  with the names of acquaintances, or Professors you don't see all that often. After that it moves onto general social skills and the ability to converse with people outside you particular area  of expertise. Finally most of the basic functionality leaves your system, and your motor neuron ability begins to fail. In three short years you go from this:



To this: 



Most people would agree that this is the OPPOSITE of what you want from an advanced education, however it's incredibly easy to overdo it. Your brain just overloads. The sad thing is, that when I'm in a grown up job with taxes and two weeks holiday a year, I'll really miss this.






 Until then though, Fuck You Uni Work. 



1 comment:

  1. AKAKAKAK! belly-laughed at this! Is this what "situation comedy" is about? turning real-life things/happenings and turning them into sheer hilarity?

    If it is then thats what you do, so so funny :D Esp the brain pooing laughing at funny parts of jokes and turning into mucus blind freaks. Its so true its funny and it hurts :P

    Keep on saying the things many of us wish we knew how to :D

    ReplyDelete